- Project needs new functionality?
- The programmer left halfway the project?
- An old project has a bug?
I specialise in Legacy Projects
Throughout my career I dealt with many legacy projects. Some were more complicated than others but they all had something in common - no standards.
Standards play a very important part in the project as both documentation and the code itself becoming easier to understand and fix
I follow a simple process to deal with such projects :
- All code will go into version control.
- Identify the part of the project that needs change.
- Document the code.
- Setup a staging / sandbox server.
- Test / Refactor.